... lacrimae sanguis animae sunt ...

08 March 2009

Roads

Some years ago my friend Luh introduced me to Portishead songs, up till then an unknown style of music for me. In fact they are really different from any other bands and musicians I'm used to listening to. But I enjoyed them. I've got to admit I don't know much about, music and history either. They are from in England (that's a good point that may have contributed for me to like their music, even not aware of it).
The very first song of theirs I listened to was Roads, and I personally guess they don't have any better one. It's so soft, quiet, soulful. Well, the very kind of song that I love. So, I decided to record a cover version of it.
Please, consider this is a home recording, and I haven't got all appropriate equipment. For those are interested in, I used a studio software to mix everything. There were 8 channels: lead vocal, backing vocal, acoustic guitar, acoustic guitar with synthesizer, solo electric guitar, electric guitar with wah effect, bass, and a virtual drum machine. Everything was equalised and mixed up, and the result you get in the link below. I hope you enjoy it.

http://www.4shared.com/file/91800464/52afdbc4/Roads_-_Renan_Ferreira__Portishead_cover_.html

ROADS - PORTISHEAD
Ohh, can't anybody see
We've got a war to fight
Never found our way
Regardless of what they say

How can it feel, this wrong
From this moment
How can it feel, this wrong

Storm.. in the morning feel
No more can I say
Frozen to myself

I got nobody on my side
And surely that ain't right
And surely that ain't right

Ohh, can't anybody see
We've got a war to fight
Never found our way
Regardless of what they say

How can it feel, this wrong
From this moment
How can it feel, this wrong

How can it feel, this wrong
From this moment
How can it feel, this wrong

Ohh, can't anybody see
We've got a war to fight
Never found our way
Regardless of what they say

How can it feel, this wrong
From this moment
How can it feel, this wrong
Listen to Portishead's original song here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8us3432lh4M
posted by Renan C. Ferreira at 5:10:00 PM

1 Comments:

coooool !! nice job :D

please, visit my blog too

http://stephenkingmovies.blogspot.com/

;)

Tuesday, September 08, 2009 7:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home